Thursday, March 6, 2014

HOW TO BEGIN LENT BY SHARING YOUR FAITH!

A friend who recently moved and was part of our Evangelization Team Shared the following:

"Hello, I wanted to share something with you that I thought was awesome. My boss is from India. Although I am not up on their religion, I know he is Hindu. He loves chocolate and I informed him we need to get it out of the office because I was giving it up for lent. He asked me to explain. So I told him as a Catholic I participate in Lent by giving something up that is a struggle because I feel Jesus died for my sins and this is the least I can do to show Him my appreciation.
 
I also explained this is a time of growing closer to Him. And that not all give up something. Some people do other good deeds. So he thought a moment and said "I can do that!  I will give up chocolate with you and I will volunteer somewhere once a week!". I said that was awesome. he went home Tuesday and discussed it with his wife and together they are volunteering Wednesday evenings and he did give up chocolate as well! 

I know he believes in God... I just thought it cool that he and his wife are doing this. Have a wonderful day in the Lord!  Love and miss you all."
 
All it takes is sharing your Love for Jesus in your Daily Life and Activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment